Official Website of Liam Houghton
BLOG

*Liam in New York*

Monday 22 December 2008
DSC_0148 Hey all! Just at the end of my second full day here in NYC. What can I say? Just wow. I can certainly see why this and London are considered world cities. They have a totally international culture and have a special wow-factor.

Today was a lovely day with beautiful blue skies and not too chilly. Snow seems to have all gone. With this in mind we decided to take the opportunity to ascend the Empire State Building.

Luckily I had decided to pre-book tickets online because when we arrived there was a 4 hour queue! So definitely recommended as we got to skip every single queue all the way up the tower.

I found the elevators particularly impressive; they rose 80 stories in the same time as the one in my halls does (only 15 stories), and with less rattle. To be honest, if you were blind you wouldn’t realise that you are moving. The Art Deco original interior is also impressive – glad they have kept it all! We went in late afternoon and stayed until sunset, which again I recommend. It was stunning!

DSC_0248 DSC_0186

DSC_0417

0 comments

Post a Comment