Official Website of Liam Houghton
BLOG

Historic Snowfall for London

Monday 2 February 2009

Just amazing. That’s all I can sum it up as. What an experience I’ve had this morning – I’ve never seen anything like it!.

I walked straight down the centre of Oxford Street at rush hour. There were no cars about apart from the odd taxi. Then down Regent Street to Piccadilly Circus where there were a few more people milling about. The Victoria Line is the only tube running due to it being the only line to run underground for its entirety.  Then walked down Whitehall, to Horse Guards and St. James Park, followed by Parliament Square and then back up The Mall and Green Park on the way home.

I’ve captured some awesome photos considering the heavy snow that was falling and the temperate:

2  7

Heard on the news that there hasn’t been this much snow in the capital for 20 years.

0 comments

Post a Comment